1. Research: You must learn everything about the company before the interview. Do your homework and research every article that you can find, every website that you can find on the company. Learn what their culture and mission statement is.
2. Branding yourself: You are a brand. Focus on your brand and figure out how you are going to market yourself. Make a name for yourself.
3. Network: You need to tell everyone you know that you have a new opportunity to have a new career and you need their help. People love to help and to serve others. Make a list of everyone you know, visit networking groups.
4. Commercial: Make a 30 second commercial about yourself so that you can market yourself at the right opportunity. My commercial is: “I am Cindy Cannon and I have 20 + years as a recruiter and business coach. I am known as an expert recruiter and for writing a program called “Insider Secrets to Interviewing” Now the person wants to know more.
5. Snapshot picture: While interviewing with a company have 30 second examples of different situations of the job so that when asked a question you can give them a snap- shot picture of what you mean.
If you do these 5 steps you will have made yourself stand out from everyone else. After all, your sole purpose is to standout and be different.
To write a comment go below this blog and click on where it says 0 comments.
Keywords: ask best interview questions, interviews, interviewing, jobs, employment, employee, candidate, interviewer,interviewee.
© 2010- Cindy Cannon – All rights reserved.
Reprint Permission Granted* - See details below
*Permission is granted to reprint this article provided that the bio on the side and contact information are included in the publication and a copy of the reprinted article or a link to it is emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org